Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Short preface to the second edition


When I was a child, if there was a very strong storm, the electric light in my house went off. Consequently, we were forced to go back to the past, and the candles were lit, while the family gathered around them, waiting for the light to come back.
I could not tell the reason why: maybe because that climate brought to mind things of a time gone by, or perhaps because the occasion made ​​it natural, but adults began to narrate mysterious and unexplainable facts and events which had come, by chance, to their knowledge or that they had heard about from someone else in a similar occasion.
I still remember the magic, around the faint light of the flame: the black shadows on the wall, the silence broken only by the soft voice who told the story, creating a thrilling, surreal atmosphere.
Recalling those meetings I wrote these four short stories, all set in the area where I was born and lived: the Mediterranean.
In each of these stories, then, there is a little of myself: my ideas, even my political and social beliefs, with a loving look at the classic British ghost literature, as well as a bit of humor, without exceeding the truculent, as it is, instead, in the modern trend.
Included in the collection, although not part of it, there is also the first story I wrote for the literary review JACK'S MAGAZINE, which I decided to add because its topic corresponds, in many aspects, to that of the other stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment